俚语就是美国人日子里常用的言语,” 非正式 ” 言语。俚语可以让说话变得更 ” 生动 ” 更 ” 流利 “。俚语比方一般比照 ” 夸大 “,所以很合适用来表达自个的心境和主意。就像中文里的 ” 哇塞 “、” 不可靠 ” 等,尽管并不太合适用在正式场合,但在托福口语考试中,假定可以流利地运用一些俚语,会让你的口语显得愈加地道。与众不必的表达可以会让考官眼前一亮哦 ~
美国口语俚语(5)
1. john 厕所
I have to go to the john. Wait for me in the car. 我要去厕所。在车里等我一下。
2. keep in line 管制
He needs to be kept in line. He’s too wild. 他太野了,要好好管制一下。
3. jump the gun 草率行事
Don’t jump the gun. We have to be patient for a while. 不要草率行事。咱们大约挠枘等一会儿。
4. jump to conclusion 妄下结论
Don’t jump to conclusion. We have to figure it out first. 不要妄下结论,先把作业搞理解。
5
. lemon 次
This car is a real lemon. It has broken down four times. 这辆车真次,现已坏了四次了!
美国口语俚语(6)
1. fishy 可疑的
His story sounds fishy. We should see if it’s really true. 他的故事听起来可疑。咱们大约看看究竟是不是真的。
2. flip out 乐死了
Chris flipped out when I told him that we won the game. 我告诉克里斯咱们赢了竞赛时,他乐歪了。
3. fix someone up 促进或人
I think Xixi and Macaulay would make a perfect couple. Let’s fix them up.
我想习习和 macaulay 会是抱负的一对,咱们来促进他们吧。
4. take a shine to 有好感
He really likes you. There are very few people he takes a shine to right away.
他真的喜爱你。他很少对人一碰头就有好感的。
5. third wheel 负担,电灯泡
You two go on ahead. I don’t want to be a third wheel. 你们两个去好了,我不想当电灯泡。
美国口语俚语(7)
1. rip off 哄人的东西
What a rip off! The new car I bought doesn’t work! 真是个哄人货!我买的新车建议不了!
2. rock the boat 找费事
Don’t rock the boat! Things are fine just the way they are. 别找费事了,作业这样就够好了。
3. blow it 搞砸了,弄坏了
I blew it on that last exam. 我前次考试靠砸了。
4. in hot water 有费事
He is in hot water with his girlfriend recently. 近段时刻他跟女友的联络有点僵。
5. put one’s foot in one’s mouth 言多必失
Wally is always saying such stupid thing. He has a real talent for putting his foot in his mouth.
沃力尽说这种蠢话。他真有无事生非的本事。
美国口语俚语(8)
1. flop (扮演、影片等)不卖座,失利
The movie was a flop. Nobody went to see it. 这部影片卖座率奇低,没有人去看。
2. drop in/by/over 随时造访
Feel free to drop in anytime. I’m usually home and I’d love the company.
等待随时来坐坐。我一般在家,也喜爱游人做伴。
3. drop a line 写信
Drop me a line! 给我写信!
4. duck 躲闪,俄然低下头
Remind little Bobby to duck his head when he crawls under the table so he won’t hit his head.
提示小波比爬到桌下时要垂头才不会受伤。
5. go with the flow 随从我们的定见
Sharon is an easy-going person. She just goes with the flow. 沙伦是个和顺的人。人家怎么说,她就怎么做。
以上是今日共享的【美国口语俚语系列】,本系列会持续为您带来更多托福中常运用的美国口语俚语,更多内容,敬请重视。
更多参阅:【美国口语俚语系列 1】托福口语可以运用俚语吗?仍是尽量运用正式词汇?
人手一本经典托福考试用书 在线免费阅览