英语学霸网 英语口语练习 轻松学英语,读《威廉·莎士比亚》双语初级小说连载-05

轻松学英语,读《威廉·莎士比亚》双语初级小说连载-05

‘Perhaps you will,’ he said, ‘but I’m going to be married in a few weeks’ time. To Anne Hathaway.’

“或许你还行,”他说,“但过了几个星期我就要成婚了。同安·哈瑟维成婚。”

My mouth feel open and stayed open. ‘Married! To Anne Hathaway? Is that the Hathaway over at Shottery ? ’

一听此言我张着嘴愣了好久。“成婚!同安·哈瑟维成婚?你是说肖特雷邻乡哈瑟维家的女儿?”

‘Yes,’ Will said. I was working on some shoes on the table, and Will picked one up and looked at it.

“没错,”威尔说。 其时我在做鞋,威尔拿起桌上的一支鞋,看看。

‘Well, en , she’s a fine girl, of course,’ I said uncomfortably.

“当然,嗯,她是个好姑娘,”我怜惜地说道。

‘But…but, Will, she’s twenty-six and you’re only eighteen!’

“不过……,不过,威尔,她现已26岁啦,你才18岁呀!”

‘I know,’ Will said. ‘But I’ve got to marry her.’

“我晓得,“威尔说,“可是我非娶她不可。”

‘Oh, no!’ I said. ‘You mean, she’s…’

“哦,不可以能这样吧?”我说,“你是说,她现已……”

‘That’s right,’ said Will. ‘In about six mouth’s time I’m going to be a father.’

“你猜对了,”威尔说道,“再过两个月我就要当父亲了。”

3 The actors come to town

轻松学英语,读《威廉·莎士比亚》双语初级小说连载-05插图

3演员来到镇上

Will married Anne Hathaway in November, and she came to live in Henley Street.

11月威尔和安·哈瑟维成婚了,安就住进了亨里街。

John Shakespeare was pleased that his oldest son was married, but I don’t think Will’s mother wanted him to marry so young.

约翰·莎士比亚见长子成家心里很高兴,可我觉得威尔的母亲并不想他这么早就成婚。

Families cost a lot of money, and John Shakespeare was living a lot of money troubles in those days.

成婚花了家里不少钱,再加上约翰·莎士比亚那段时刻财气不济

Times were hard in Henley Street.

这样一来,日子过得有点困难

本文来自网络,不代表英语学霸网立场,转载请注明出处。

作者: admin

联系我们

联系我们

0898-88881688

在线咨询: QQ交谈

邮箱: email@wangzhan.com

工作时间:周一至周五,9:00-17:30,节假日休息

关注微信
微信扫一扫关注我们

微信扫一扫关注我们

关注微博
返回顶部