Welcome to English in a Minute!
欢迎来到《一分钟英语》栏目!
Sugar is sweet and tasty. And a coat is the outer covering of something.
糖很甜很好吃。而外层是指某种东西的外面覆盖物。
So I just looked inside your car.
我刚才检查了一下你的车。
Tell me what’s wrong. And don’t sugarcoat it. I can take it.
告诉我有哪些问题。不用粉饰。我能接受。
Your engine is destroyed. You need a new car.
你的发动机坏了。你得买辆新车。
Wow! You could have sugarcoated that news a little.
哇哦!你本可以稍加粉饰一下的。
If you talk about a problem in a way that makes the issue seem more pleasant than it is … You are sugarcoating it.
如果你以一种更好听的方式来说一个问题…你就是在粉饰它。
This expression comes from drug makers.
这个表达来自药品制造商。
In the past, they started putting sugar on some pills to make them easier to swallow.
过去,他们会在药片外层涂上一些糖,让它们更容易吞咽。
When you sugarcoat bad news, you make it easier for the other person to hear.
当你粉饰坏消息时,你会让听者更容易接受。
And that’s English in a Minute
!
以上就是今天的《一分钟英语》栏目!
每天用一杯咖啡的时间??学会一句表达
周一至周五早7:00 不见不散
喜欢本节目的话请点赞或留言 小编会积极和你互动!
将公众号设为【星标】早上第一时间接收推送!返回搜狐,查看更多