??B:Sure. You’re Petra Schein, aren’t you?
当然。你是Petra Schein,是吗?
A:Yes, I am.
是的,我是。
B:I thought so. You probably won’t remember me, but I came for an interview for an accountancy job with you about three years ago.
我想是的。你可以不记住我了,但大约三年前我来面试你们的会计作业。
A:Yes, Alex, isn’t it? Bélanger.
是
的,亚历克斯,不是吗? Bélanger.
B:That’s right.
是的。
A:I seem to remember that one of your hobbies was photography. It was a real passion.
我如同记住你的喜爱之一是拍摄。那是一种真实的热情。
B:You do have a good memory!
你的回想力真不错!
A:So what happened? We offered you a job, but you went to work for one of our competitors – Deutsche Bank, I seem to remember.
发生啥事了?咱们给你供给了一份作业,但你去了咱们的竞赛对手之一——德意志银行作业,我如同记住。
B:The conditions they gave me were better, I’m sorry to say.
很抱愧,他们给我的条件非常好。
A:I can understand that. So, are you still working there?
我能了解。那么,你还在那里作业吗?
B:No, I have given up banking all together. I worked for Deutsche Bank for a little more than two years, but I didn’t really like the job. There was too much competition among the employees, and I didn’t really like that.
不,我现已悉数扔掉了银职事务。我在德意志银行作业了两年多,但我不太喜爱这份作业。职工之间的竞赛太剧烈了,我真的不喜爱这样。
A:Well, sometimes you have to be competitive if you want to make progress.
嗯,假定你想获得前进,有时分你必需要有竞赛力。
B:I know, but it wasn’t for me. So, what do you do now?
我晓得,但那不合适我。那么,你如今做啥?
A:I’ve become a professional photographer.
我现已变成一名专业拍摄师。
B:You know, that doesn’t surprise me. Are you
in any particular sector?
你晓得,这并不让我吃惊。你在哪个作业?
A:I take portrait photos. I’ve just bought a studio, and I’m creating a library of photos which I’m going to publish on my website.
我拍肖像照。我刚买了一个作业室,我正在创建一个相片库,我要把它发布在我的网站上。
B:You must give me your web address.
你有必要给我你的网址。
A:Better than that, I can give you my business card. And what about you? Are you still in human resources?
比这非常好的是,我可以给你我的手刺。那你呢?你还在人力本钱部吗?
B:Yes, I am. I’ve moved to the head office, and I’m the manager there. So now I’m even busier than ever …
是的,我是。我现已搬到总部了,我是那里的司理。所以如今我比早年更忙了。