1. Describe a character in a book，movie or TV program that deeply impressed you. Explain why you like this character. Include reasons and details to support your response.
2. Describe one of the difficulties in which you received help from your family, friends or classmates and,please give specific details to describe how their suggestion helped you.
3. If you recommend a friend to live a new place, what characteristics do you think should a good neighborhood have? Give reasons to support you point of view.
4. What kind of job is the most rewarding? University professors, environmental scientists or journalists?
5. Describe an important subject that you do not like.
6. What kind of strategy do you use to handle an overwhelming amount of work.
7. Describe a new activity you tried and enjoyed recently. Explain why it was enjoyable to you. Include reasons and examples to support your response.
8. Describe a person who you like to spend time with? explain why.
9. One new skill you’d like to learn or you’re already good at it.
10. Your friend is about to drop out of campus. what kind of advice would you like to offer to him?
11. Describe a tool or object that you depend on often in your daily life. Explain why it is important to you. Include reasons and examples to support your response.
12. Which of the following do you think is more beneficial to students: Presentation, research paper, homework?
13. Which of the following do you think it’s the best way to get to know a new school: joining a one-day campus tour, spending a weekend on the campus play field, or auditing lectures?
14. Many students want to improve their study records. Do you have any suggestion to them?.
15. What suggestion would you like to give to a child who is starting school for the first time. Use reasons and specific examples to explain why this suggestion is important.
16. What do you think is important for a new working environment?
17. While choosing a friend, which of the following characteristics do you care about most: honesty, loyalty or sense of humor? Explain why this characteristic is the most important to you?
18. Many students do volunteer work in schools or communities. If you are a volunteer, what kind of volunteer work are you interested to do? Explain why you are interested to do this work. Include reasons and examples to support your response.
19. Which of the following classes is the most attractive to students 1. Sound engineering; 2. History of rock music; 3. Film studies
20. Which of the following attributes would you consider the most valuable in your roommates? 1. being friendly; 2. being quite; 3 has a good hygiene habit