yes是个很常见的词,我们总觉得它使用频率很高,但其实在非正式的场合中,并没有我们想象得那么常见。相反,其他表达可以让你的英语表达听起来更自然。
今天小编就给大家整理了六种情景下同意的表达方式,可不止yes哦~
这些词都可以代替yes,快来学习吧~
NO.1 肯定对方的话
使用yes的最简单方式是肯定对方说的话,换句话说,你认为它是真的。
A: Is it going to be hot tomorrow?
A:明天会很热吗?
B: Yes.
B:是的。
A: The meeting’s at 5:30, right?
A:会议5点半开,对吧?
B: Yes.
B:是的。
但是,这要看你在和谁谈话,用肯定回答yes有时听起来太正式、太僵硬,甚至会使人生气。下面是一些更随意的回答:
Yeah!
是啊!
Yup!(Tends to sound more definitive than yeah)
是的!(听起来比yeah的确定性更强)
Mhm (Can sometimes come off as dismissive)
嗯(有时会显得轻蔑)
Uh-huh (Same connotations as mhm)
嗯哼(含义和嗯一样)
A: Are you going to the movies with us tomorrow?
A:你明天和我们一起去看电影吗?
B: Yes. (Too rigid of a response between friends)
B:是的。(朋友之间使用会显得太僵化)
A: Uh, okay… Is everything alright?
A:嗯,好吧……一切都好吗?
B: Yeah, I’m fine…
B:是的,我很好……
A: Are you going to the movies with us tomorrow?
A:你明天和我们一起去看电影吗?
B: Yup! (Definitive answer, but still sounds friendly)
B:是的!(明确的回答,但听起来仍然很友好)
A: Cool, see you then!
A:真棒,到时见!
In the office:
在办公室:
A: Hey, let me know when you’re done with the editing.
A:嘿,编辑完了就告诉我。
B: Mhm. (A dismissive answer that indicates that B is busy)
B:嗯厄。(一个不屑的回答暗示B很忙)
还有一组表达可以用来表示某事是绝对正确的,这些回复比简单地说yes强得多。
For sure.
当然。
Definitely.
一定。
Of course.(Implies that the other person should already know)
当然。(意思是别人应该已经知道了)
Absolutely.(Sounds slightly more enthusiastic)
当然可以。(听起来更热情一点儿)
Certainly.(More formal-sounding)
当然可以。(听起来比较正式)
Indeed.(Probably the least commonly used one in the list. It will either sound very formal or purposefully funny.)
的确。(可能是列表中最不常用的一个。它听起来很正式,也显得有趣。
A: Is it going to be hot tomorrow?
A:明天会热吗?
B: Definitely. I checked the weather this morning.
B:肯定的。我今天早上查看了天气。
OR
或者
B: For sure. I checked the weather this morning.
B:当然了。我
今天早上查看了天气。
A: Is it going to be hot tomorrow?
A:明天会热吗?
B: Of course, it’s July! (Implies that the other person should already know it’s going to be hot)
B:当然了,现在是七月!(暗示其他人应该已经知道天气会很热)
Visitor: Can turkeys fly?
参观者:火鸡会飞吗?
Zookeeper: Certainly, though when it comes to escaping predators, they prefer to run. (A proper response for a more professional interaction)
动物管理员:当然可以,不过说到逃避捕食者,他们更喜欢跑。(对更专业互动的适当回复)
A: Do you like 30 Rock?
A:你喜欢摇滚30吗?
B: Indeed! It’s one of my favorite shows. (A quirky response made on purpose)
B:确实喜欢!这是我最喜欢的节目之一。(故意做出的怪异的反应)
NO.2 同意做某事
如果有人问你是否想一起做某件事,或者向你寻求帮助,你会怎么回应?
你可以说yes,但听起来可能太正式太僵化了。因此,下面是一些您可以使用的有用的表达方式:
Let’s say that someone asks you on the spot if you want to do something with them, or maybe they’re asking you for a favor.
比方说,有人当场问你是否想与他们做某事,或者他们可能要求你帮忙。
Do you want to grab dinner sometime this week?
这周抽个时间你想一起去吃晚饭吗?
Let’s grab dinner sometime this week!
我们这周找个时间一起吃晚饭吧!
Could you take out the trash for me?
你能帮我倒垃圾吗?
How can you respond? You could yes, but once again, that can sound too formal and rigid. So, here are some useful expressions you could use instead:
你怎么回答?你可以说yes, 但是再说一遍,这听起来太正式太僵化了。因此,下面是一些您可以使用的有用的表达方式:
Sure.
当然。
Yeah!(Better to use than yup, mhm, etc.)
好啊!(比用yup, mhm等等好得多)
Okay.(Can sound more like you’re complying than willfully agreeing, though it depends on your tone of voice)
好吧。(听起来你更像是在服从,而不是真心同意,虽然这取决于你的语气)
Alright.(Same connotation as okay)
好吧。(和okay的含义一样)
A: Do you want to go to the beach?
A:你想去海滩吗?
B: Sure!
B:当然!
OR
或者
B: Yeah!
B:好啊!
A: Let’s go to the beach!
A:我们一起去海滩吧!
B: Okay. (Unenthusiastic response)
B:好的。(并不热情的回答)
OR
或者
B: Alright.
B:行。
A: Why, you don’t want to?
A:为什么,你不想去?
下面是一些你可以使用的更热情的回答:
For sure.
当然。
Definitely.
一定。
Absolutely.
绝对的啊。
Of course. (Implies that the person didn’t even need to ask)
当然。(暗示这个人甚至不需要问)
A: Could you do me a huge favor?
A:你能帮我个大忙吗?
B: For sure, what’s up?
B:当然,怎么啦?
OR
或者
B: Definitely, what’s up?
B:一定,怎么啦?
OR
或者
B: Absolutely, what’s up?
B:绝对可以,怎么啦?
A: Could you do me a huge favor?
A:你能帮我个大忙吗?
B: Of course. (Like saying, “You don’t even need to ask me”)
B:当然可以。(就像在说,“你甚至不需要问我”)
by all means是个更有用的表达,尤其是当某人请求允许做某事,而你想说“当然可以!“
A: Could I ask you a question?
A:我能问你一个问题吗?
B: By all means. What is it?
B:当然可以,什么问题?
A: Sorry, do you mind if I squeeze through here?
A:抱歉,你介意我挤过去吗?
B: By all means.
B:当然可以。
NO.3 回应某人试图引起你的注意
如果有人想引起你的注意,他可以叫你的名字或者说“抱歉”,这时,你可以说几句话。说yes是其中一种选择,而且如果你在职场环境或者和陌生人交谈时,这可能是最好的选择。
Guest: Excuse me, sir.
客人:抱歉,先生。
Concierge: Yes? How may I help you?
服务员:怎么啦?有什么需要帮忙的吗?
Nurse: Dr. Steele?
护士:斯蒂尔医生?
Doctor: Yes?
医生:怎么啦?
另一个选择是说sorry,但是那表示你真的希望没有人和你说话。
Nurse: Dr. Steele?
护士:斯蒂尔医生?
Doctor: Sorry? Right, hold on.
医生:抱歉?好的,等一下。
但是如果是你的朋友想引起你的注意呢?下面这些回答更好:
Yeah?
怎么啦?
Huh? (Usually said when you’re caught off guard)
啊哈?(这个通常当你措手不及时会说)
What’s up? (Said with a rising tone. Especially used if you’re expecting someone to call your name)
怎么了?(用升调说。特别是当你希望有人叫你的名字的时候)
Esther: Hey, Cody!
伊斯特:嗨,科迪!
Cody: Yeah?
科迪:怎么啦?
Esther: Hey, Cody!
伊斯特:嗨,科迪!
Cody: Huh? (Cody is confused about who called his name)
科迪:啊哈?(科迪对谁叫他的名字感到困惑)
(Students are in a workroom and constantly helping each other)
(学生在工作室,经常互相帮助)
Natalie: Hey, Spencer?
娜塔莉:嘿,斯宾塞?
Spencer: What’s up?
斯宾塞:怎么了?
Natalie: Could you show me how to download this program?
娜塔莉:你能告诉我如何下载这个程序吗?
NO.4 请求别人的确认
虽然你可以说“yes”来肯定别人说的话,你也可以用来请求确认。但令人惊讶的是,这听起来非常正式,甚至是程序性的。
Detective: On the night of August the 27th, you were at your house, yes?
侦探:在8月27日晚上,你在家,是吗?
Suspect: Yes, sir.
嫌疑犯:是的,先生。
So let’s be a little less dramatic and use one of these tag questions instead:
所以让我们稍微不那么戏剧化,而是使用这些反义疑问句中的一个:
Right?
对吗?
Isn’t it?, Don’t you?, Didn’t you? etc. (Depends on the sentence before it)
不是吗?等(取决于前面的句子)
Huh? (Used when it’s something you just realized yourself)
啊哈?(用于你刚刚意识到的事情)
A: You like mint chocolate chip ice cream, right?
你喜欢薄荷巧克力片冰淇淋,对吧?
OR
或者
A: You like mint chocolate chip ice cream, don’t you?
A:你喜欢薄荷巧克力片冰淇淋,不是吗?
B: Yeah, it’s my favorite.
B:是的,这是我最喜欢的。
A: It’s pretty chilly out here, huh? (Something you just realized right now)
A:外面很冷,是吗?(你刚刚意识到的)
B: Yeah, I should’ve dressed warmer.
B:是的,我应该穿得更暖和些。
NO.5 让别人知道你在听
如果有人告诉你一个冗长的故事,也许你想时不时地说点什么,让他们知道你在听。你可以一直说“yes”,但这听起来像是在被审问,而不是被告知一个故事。所以让我们用这些表达来代替:
Yeah?
是啊?
Uh-huh? or Uh-huh.
啊哈?或者嗯哈。
Mhm? or Mhm.
嗯?或者嗯。
Right. (If you’re being reminded of a story)
是的。(如果你想起一个故事)
A: So Daniel was walking me home one day.
A:所以,有一天丹尼尔送我回家了。
B: Uh-huh.
B:啊哈。
A: And then he suddenly turned around and said, “I have something to tell you.”
A:然后他突然转身说:“我有事要告诉你。”
B: Yeah?
B:是吗?
A: And you know how secretive he usually is.
A:你知道他通常有多么神秘。
B: Right.
B:是啊。
NO.6 庆祝
还可以用“yes”这个词来庆祝或表明你对某事感到高兴/兴奋。它听起来不太正式,是很流行的说法。
此外,还可以用下面这些表达替代:
How could you not love it? Anyway, here are some more normal examples:
你怎么能不爱它呢?总之,这里有一些更普通的例子:
A: Yes!! I got two tickets to the festival!
A:是的!我有两张节日的票!
B: Seriously? They usually sell out in seconds.
B:真的吗?它们通常在几秒钟内就卖完了。
A: I just passed my audition!
A:我刚通过试镜!
B: Yes!! I knew you could do it!
B:是的!我就知道你能做到!
And some alternatives:
另外一些代替词:
Yeah! (But you have to say it very enthusiastically)
是啊!(但是你必须非常热情地说)
Aw yeah!
啊耶!
Hooray! (Tends to sound cuter)
万岁!(听起来更可爱)
Yay! (Also sounds cute)
哎呀!(听起来也很可爱)
Woo!
哇!
Woohoo!
哇哇!
Cool!
太酷了!
Fantastic!
棒极了!
Amazing!
太赞了!
Awesome!
棒极了!
Hella! (A piece of American slang that I had to throw in)
哈哈!(我不得不加上一句美国俚语)
A: I just passed my audition!
A:我刚通过试镜!
B: Fantastic! I knew you could do it!
B:棒极了!我就知道你能做到!
A: Woo! I just beat my new high score!
A:哇!我刚刚打破了我的新高分!
B: How long have you been playing that game?
B:你玩那个游戏多久了?
Kid: Mommy, I got a 100 on my test today!
孩子:妈妈,我今天考试得了100分!
Mother: Hooray! I’m so proud of you!
妈妈:万岁!我真为你感到骄傲!
学会这些就别再只用yes啦!你还有更多的选择~
喜欢请多多关注学府翻译哦~